Re: Coding systems and Terminal.app on Mac OS X

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Coding systems and Terminal.app on Mac OS X
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 23:56:27 +0100

Am 25.03.2005 um 19:31 schrieb Benjamin Riefenstahl:

Hi Peter,

Peter Dyballa writes:
(with ls in Terminal I can't see UTF-8 file names correctly, only

Try "ls -w".

Hey, that's really great: adding -w makes me see my test files' names in Terminal and in xterm and too in the Emacsen running in them! (eshell shows the chracters right, but has problems with columns, in Carbon Emacs eshell fails, even if I set it to UTF-8)

Thank you very much for this hint!

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

A child of five could understand this!  Fetch me a child of five.