Re: Advanced calendar usage in emacs-xtra.texi

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Advanced calendar usage in emacs-xtra.texi
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 14:00:42 -0600 (CST)

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

   Since emacs-xtra is not distributed with the Emacs manual, I think all
   references to it should be inside @ifinfo.  That way, someone who
   reads a printed version of the Emacs manual will not wonder where to
   find the (non-existent) emacs-xtra manual.

Somebody reading the Emacs manual presumably does so with the intent
of using emacs.  When using Emacs, he can read emacs-xtra using Info.
He can even print out hardcopy for emacs-xtra.  So things like this
should definitely _not_ be in @ifinfo.

   Alternatively, change all references to emacs-xtra to use @inforef.

That would be a lot better.

However, last time when I proposed something similar (for url.texi, if
I remember well), you and Karl and Dave opposed me on this and I wound
up using a regular @xref.  Did you change your mind on this or is
there a fundamental difference between emacs-xtra and url.texi?

Sincerely,

Luc.