Re: Interfacing ActiveX/COM-objects "natively" in Emacs

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Interfacing ActiveX/COM-objects "natively" in Emacs
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:42:56 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> It is true that I now understand, and accept (and maybe also agree to
>> :), the "development team's" view on the subject. However, tt would
>
> Just for the record, it is the view of the head maintainer Richard
> Stallman, not of the "development team".  Some other maintainers may
> agree with him, but I don't and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only
> one.

Whatever.  It is the policy we are working with.  If anybody wants to
coach Mathias with his private project (and it seems like that would
entail doing most of the work on his own), he is free to offer that to
him.  But it has no place on the list, and seeing the reactions here I
have to agree with Richard that it was not a good idea of me to even
mention the technical possibility in this forum.