Re: Interfacing ActiveX/COM-objects "natively" in Emacs

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Interfacing ActiveX/COM-objects "natively" in Emacs
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:54:11 +0200

"Jan D." <address@hidden> writes:

>> Sigh.  No, not like the DLL interface.  COM is implemented in 2
>> system libraries (depending on the Windows version): compobj.dll
>> and ole32.dll.  So it's like any other system call, which Emacs
>> clearly does use.
>

> Isn't that like saying that dynamic loading of libraries is
> implemented in the system call dlopen, and that is like any other
> system call?

[...]

The details are definitely quite irrelevant to Emacs development, so I
think we shall survive without an unanimous opinion about this matter
that I was so stupid as to bring up myself.  Is this supposed to be a
conspiracy to teach me?  I got the lesson.  I'll try being very
careful in future in mentioning irrelevant stuff.

Promise.