Re: RMAIL slows

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: RMAIL slows
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:18:51 +0000 (UTC)

         (gdb) p string1=0x40af4785

   that told GDB to set the value of string1
   to 0x40af4785.  I don't think that's what you meant.

         (gdb) pr
         (88425796 .

   That got an error because the value had the wrong type.
   It is a string, not a Lisp_Object.  ...

My apologies; I misunderstood what to do.  On looking further

  re_match_2_internal

does appear to be the relevant function.

Meanwhile, by accident, on a CVS rebuild I did a `make bootstrap'
rather than a `make bootfast' and thereby deleted the slow instance of
emacs that I was using.  I hope to get back to you next week.  (As I
said, none of the Emacs code looks wrong to me.  An instance of RMAIL
takes several days and several thousand spam mail messages to slow.)

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8