Re: Antialiased text on X11

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Antialiased text on X11
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 07:50:06 +0900

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:24:34 +0200, Henrik Enberg
<address@hidden> wrote:
> > [There are some other odd effects like color fringing that make me
> > wonder if it's assuming a white background.]
>
> that might be your setup. fontconfig has options for how colors should
> be blended, and in my experience it's basically impossible to get a good
> setup for both dark text/light background and vice versa.

Er, well all my _other_ fontconfig/freetype/xft using windows (with
black or black-ish backgrounds) look absolutely fabulous, so I'd point
the finger at Emacs...

[I didn't change anything in the fontconfig setup so it seems the
default settings -- which are presumably aimed at white backgrounds --
deals pretty well with black backgrounds too.]

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.