Re: Emacs-diffs Digest, Vol 28, Issue 119

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs-diffs Digest, Vol 28, Issue 119
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:20:13 -0500

    Why do we need two kindex entries here?  Isn't the one that says
    "Fortran mode" enough to cover both Fortran 90 and pre-9x Fortrans?

I agree.  It is wasteful and useless to have the extra index entry for
F90 mode.  These index entries are meant for and used by humans, not
machines, so they can follow common sense rather than rigid rules.