FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: MommaSaid.net Named FORBES BEST OF THE WEB

From: Mark Stroginis
Subject: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: MommaSaid.net Named FORBES BEST OF THE WEB
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 12:45:03 -0600

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

MommaSaid.net Named FORBES BEST OF THE WEB

The Warm and Cozy Community for At-Home Moms on the Internet

Once upon a time, mothers shared stories over the back fence while their kids played nearby.  Nowadays, at-home mothers are more likely to find friendship and camaraderie in cyberspace than in their own neighborhoods. That simple realization was what drove at-home mom Jen Singer to build her cozy cyber-community for at-home mothers everywhere to join her for a daily coffee break.

Now, www.MommaSaid.net is a Forbes Best of the Web selection.

Hailed “Erma Bombeck with a blog” by Forbes, MommaSaid’s creator Jen Singer offers up a humorous look at life at home with little ones. “MommaSaid is the modern version of our mothers’ coffee klatch,” says Singer. “It’s where exhausted moms go for laughs, support and validation in their long 14-hour days.” Forbes calls the site, “homey, light-hearted and practical,” citing Singer’s video dispatches, “Momma-logues,” as among the web site’s best features. “If I could figure out how the moms who visit MommaSaid could borrow a cup of sugar, I’d post it,” adds Singer.

MommaSaid.net reaches tens of thousands of mothers each month throughout the U.S. and from as far away as Oman and Singapore. The popular website is the host of the bi-weekly “Housewife” Awards and Please Take My Children to Work Day, a holiday for at-home moms, held this year on June 27th.

ABOUT JEN SINGER:

Jen Singer is the author of “14 Hours ‘Til Bedtime: A Stay-at-Home Mom’s Life in 27 Funny Little Stories” and the creator of www.MommaSaid.net, a Forbes Best of the Web selected site. Her humor has appeared in American Baby, Family Circle, The New York Times, Nick Jr., Parents, Parenting, Woman ’s Day and “Chicken Soup for Every Mom’s Soul.”  Her television appearances include ABC’s World News Now and GMTV, Great Britain’s highest rated Breakfast Show and. A Huggies PULL-UPs® spokesperson, Jen is also the creator of Please Take My Children to Work Day, a holiday for at-home mothers held in June. She lives near New York City with her husband, two sons and a cat who is slowly ruining the sliding screen door.