Re: Inherited face appears as a function in customize-face buffer

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Inherited face appears as a function in customize-face buffer
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 23:19:09 -0500

    I am not sure it is due to my change nor have any idea on what could
    cause it.  Maybe a guru of the custom/widget internals could help?

I hope we have one.  I don't know any more about this code than you
do; probably less, since I have had more time to forget.

The experience of Custom has confirmed my previous negative opinion of
object oriented programming.  I think it would be a lot easier to
maintain Custom if it were rewritten not to use widgets.  However, we
can't do that before the coming release.