Re: `xterm-mouse-mode' has a bogus Custom group

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: `xterm-mouse-mode' has a bogus Custom group
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 07:46:03 -0600 (CST)

Nick Roberts wrote:

    > ! The Linux console supports this mode if it has support for the mouse
    > ! enabled, for instance using the gpm daemon."

   Is this true? I couldn't get it to work in a Linux console and I
   can't see how it could work outside the context of X (xt-mouse
   knows nothing about gpm).

I should have checked this better.  But I took this from the Emacs
manual docs.  (See `(emacs)XTerm Mouse'.)  I will delete it from the
docstring.  But then it should be deleted from the Emacs manual too.
This is strange.  The person writing it in the Emacs manual must have
had some reason to believe it was true.

Sincerely,

Luc.