Re: GPL v.1 in the Calc manual

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: GPL v.1 in the Calc manual
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 12:14:58 -0600

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> It appears to me that:
>
> a) the copyright notices in calc should be put in line with those in
> the rest of Emacs, namely GPL v2 or later.

The files don't mention the version of the GPL, but refer to the
COPYING file included with Emacs, so I would think that would be
sufficient.

> b) the license of the calc manual should be put in line with the rest
> of Emacs, which would be the GFDL in its current version.  You should
> ask Richard which passages should in the course of that be considered
> invariant.  It would probably be convenient of you proposed a set and
> let it be rogered (or vetoed).

The manual already has a GFDL copyright notice, which was probably
placed there when the file became part of Emacs.  The only invariant
section mentioned is the GPL section, and that should be updated.

> So basically the thing to do is to make a more or less detailed list
> of what changes you think appropriate, and ask Richard whether they
> are ok with him.  No additional paperwork should be necessary apart
> from what has already been passed around.

Okay; great.  I'll send him an email.
Thanks.