Re: What to use for file lists from particular authors?

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: What to use for file lists from particular authors?
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 20:43:33 +0200

* David Kastrup (2005-04-02) writes:

> "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Are you looking for something like lisp/emacs-lisp/authors.el?  Or did
>> I misunderstand what you want?
>
> Yes, this looks quite similar to what I'd want.  Except that I am not
> interested in the information for Emacs, but for AUCTeX, and the
> "authors" command does not really appreciate a non-Emacs tree.

You already get quite a lot out of it if you remove the test for
src/emacs.c and probably the stanza about `authors-invalid-file-names'
at the end of the function.  It doesn't recognize the "patch by"
entries in the change logs, though.  This might be a feature but one
which you probably don't want for your current task.

--
Ralf