Re: Suggestion: C-x C-u => undo-only

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Suggestion: C-x C-u => undo-only
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 11:49:27 -0400

> So while I kinda like the idea of some rationalization of the undo
> binding, I _don't_ think having undo and undo-only on `C-x u' and `C-x
> C-u' is a good idea.

Agreed.  I really like the C-x U binding: it's not like it's a completely
different command than the one bound to C-x u, so it basically just uses the
shift modifier as a kind of special arg, kind of like a prefix argument.

Also undo-more can be tought of as "bigger undo" (it takes larger steps
sometimes to skip over some redo/undo pairs), so it makes sense to bind it
to a bigger letter.

        Stefan