Re: emacs -Q not documented

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: emacs -Q not documented
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 17:20:03 -0400

    The patch is trivial, but we should probably add a long name for it.

I guess so--if we keep it.  But the set of things it does is not
really coherent.

It turns off all init files; it also turns off various frame features
such as the menu bar and tool bar, it turns off tool tips,
and it selects a different type of cursor.  There is nothing particularly
natural or desirable about this combination.  I see no reason to have
a short option for it.  Perhaps we should just remove it.

Why was -Q installed, anyway?