Re: emacs -Q not documented

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: emacs -Q not documented
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 09:31:56 -0400

>>> Yes, --bare-bones or --no-frills seem like good candidates, too.
>> Since the option is primarily useful for debugging maybe its name
>> should contain the word debug.
> -debug-setup

My experience when programming is that functions shouldn't be named based on
what they're used for, but based on what they do.
I think the same should apply to command line options.  Even if -Q is mostly
useful for debugging, that doesn't mean its name should mention anything
about debugging.
I think the current --bare-bones is a better name, so I think we should
close this discussion.  We have better things to do.

        Stefan