Re: Scrollbar size flaky on OS X (was: Aquamacs distro for OS X like beh

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Scrollbar size flaky on OS X (was: Aquamacs distro for OS X like behavior)
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 17:17:00 +0100

Addendum:

That's exactly what it represent: the ratio slider/total is the same as the
ratio shownchars/buffercharsize.  But depending on where you are in the
buffer the window will not always show the same number of chars, so the size
of the slider changes accordingly.

Not sure if that gets updated correctly.
Take a look at the three screenshots I put up here:

http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/dreitter/scrollbar-issue/

You'll see some random document in a buffer. Screenshots 1 and 2 show different parts of the document, and you see that the slider has a totally different size. To me as a user, it looks like we're seeing about the same amount of the buffer in the window. So why does the slider have a different size? If I play around (scroll back and forth) a little more, you can see what happens - screenshot 3 shows the same portion of the buffer as in 2, but this time with a very small slider.

According to your explanation and looking at the size of the buffer, screenshots 1 and 3 are correct, but 2 is not.

-- Dave