Re: [patch] enhanced mac drag-n-drop

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: [patch] enhanced mac drag-n-drop
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 21:22:32 +0200

"Jan D." <address@hidden> writes:
To make this more general, I think you should use or generalize the
defcustom variables in x-dnd.el so that Emacs customizations in this
area becomes available on several platforms.

x-dnd-known-types, x-dnd-types-alist, and x-dnd-default-test-function
are useless, since they deal with xdnd protocol specifics, and I
handle character encodings at the C level.  But the rest of the file
looks like quite an improvement over my simple handler, so I'll look
at creating a mac analog to the x-specific parts.

Not really xdnd protocol specifics, rather X11 DND specifics. x-dnd-types-alist is the only place a user can configure what to do with URL:s. Some want to open them in a browser, some want to insert the URL text. I think it would be much more flexible if the mac C code generated x-dnd.el compatible events. That must be easy.

And please don't do (raise-frame) (recenter). I really dislike applications that raises windows and scrolls without being told to do so. At least make it an option, default off.

        Jan D.