Re: face colors on 256 colors terminals

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: face colors on 256 colors terminals
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 02:22:26 +0200

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:

> "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>   > > Cc: address@hidden
>   > > From: Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden>
>   > > Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 10:52:26 -0700
>   > >
>   > > Agreed. The problem seems to be that tty-colors.el and
> color-name-rgb-alist
>   > > don't use the same of scaling.
>   > > Do you want me to do check if rescaling the values in
>   > > color-name-rgb-alist gives good results?
>   >
>   > Yes, please.
>
> I checked and I could not see any difference in behavior compared to the
> approach in my first patch.
>
> Is this OK?

I am certain I am missing the context, but is this really related to
the #RRGGBB notation in any manner?  It really looks awful to me if
white gets defined as #ff00ff00ff00, so I'd like to be as bothersome
as to be grateful for some factual reassurance that we are indeed
catering here for a real instead of a perceived problem, and that the
fix in that manner is the right thing to do.