Re: Scrollbar bug on OS X

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Scrollbar bug on OS X
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 21:30:27 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>>     PS: The only problem is that those toolkits have the idiotic
>>     idea to enforce that the bottom of the thumb cannot go further
>>     than the bottom.  And they enforce it by hiding the events
>>     corresponding to "user moves the mouse yet-further-down".
>
>> I can talk with the GTK developers about this.  And also with the
>> LessTif developers.  Should I do that?
>
> Feel free to try, but I don't have much hope:
> - The LessTif people are probably bound by compatibility.
> - The Gtk people are usually bound by dogmatism.

Didn't Miles in the context of "David would welcome Athena semantics
even with fancy-looking scrollbars" mention that it would be possible
to process the scrollbar events without even passing them into the
scrollbar widgets in the first place?

Looks like another reason here for thinking about that approach.