Re: Scrollbar bug on OS X

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Scrollbar bug on OS X
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 11:04:42 -0500 (CDT)

Kim Storm wrote:

   > From: Kevin Rodgers <address@hidden>
   > Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 09:46:23 -0600
   >
   > Why can't the overscrolled portion of the window (or any portion beyond
   > the end of the buffer) be displayed differently?  I think the fringe
   > face would be good for that.

   There's already an optional feature to do this:
   default-indicate-unused-lines.

I am always wary about changing default values close before a release,
but in this case, it would seem completely harmless to enable this by
default.  This would make sense, since the purpose is to avoid
confusing inexperienced users, who would typically not worry about
customizing an option like this.

The description of the option in the Emacs manual needs updating
regardless, as it currently uses obsolete variable names.

Sincerely,

Luc.