Re: [patch] enhanced mac drag-n-drop

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [patch] enhanced mac drag-n-drop
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 21:56:35 -0400

    Jan D. explained the problem, and I will just note that compiling
    with -DSYNC_INPUT should lift that restriction (because it causes
    XTread_socket to not be run from the signal handler any more).

Do you recall what the disadvantages of -DSYNC_INPUT were?
I think one disadvantage may have been that the Emacs window would
not refresh while something was busy.  But I am not sure if that
disadvantage is real.  Do you know?