Re: whitespace.el does not seem to delete its overlays

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: whitespace.el does not seem to delete its overlays
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 21:56:26 -0400

    I was used to the old behavior showing all the "wrong"
    whitespaces not just the last one.

Now I understand what you want it to do.
Does this replacement function make it work right?

(defun whitespace-highlight-the-space (b e)
  "Highlight the current line, unhighlighting a previously jumped to line."
  (if whitespace-display-spaces-in-color
      (let ((ol (whitespace-make-overlay b e)))
        (push ol whitespace-highlighted-space)
        (whitespace-overlay-put ol 'face 'whitespace-highlight-face))))