Re: Stealth fontification GCs a lot

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Stealth fontification GCs a lot
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 22:59:13 -0400

    I haven't looked at the consing behavior, but I'll just mention that I find
    stealth fontification annoying and have turned it off a while ago.

    I haven't heard of any good reason why it should be enabled by default
    (the argument that it forces us to fix it doesn't hold water since it
    still hasn't been fixed after all these years).

I will try turning it off.  But I wonder if just making it wait
longer would make it a desirable feature.  What do you think?