Re: wdired.el cleanup

From: JUAN-LEON Lahoz Garcia
Subject: Re: wdired.el cleanup
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 10:23:47 +0200

 >> [ PS. Is there any reason not to bind C-x C-q in dired-mode-map by
 >> default to wdired-change-to-wdired-mode? IMHO this key combination
 >> is not easy to accidentally hit for wdired unaware users, but easy
 >> to remember for wdired aware users ].
 >
 > IIRC using C-x C-q is indeed the intention.
 > I can't remembr why I didn't do it at the time, maybe I just got
 > side-tracked.  I do remember there were questions about the wdired->dired
 > direction where users might want to be able to just make the buffer
 > read-only with C-x C-q without wanting to "commit" the changes.

Right now, in wdired mode, successive C-x C-q hist make the buffer to
switch between read only and writable states. If this has no sense,
C-x C-q can be bind by default (in dired-mode-map) to
wdired-abort-changes (to abort), to wdired-finish-edit (to commit) or
to ignore (to avoid confusion).

 > PS: I installed your patch, except for the mistaken change from
 > wdired-mode-hook to wdired-mode-hooks.

Oooops! Thank you very much

--
juanleon