Re: should xterm-mouse-mode be on by default?

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: should xterm-mouse-mode be on by default?
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:08:10 -0500 (CDT)

   A lot of users use these features, so IMO it is not a good idea to
   turn on xterm-mouse-mode by default at this point.

I was the one who enabled Xterm Mouse mode by default.  But I did it
on request, because I knew how to do it without confusing Custom.  I
personally recommended against it, because of problems similar to the
ones you cite, as well as other problems.

Obviously, I could easily revert my changes if Richard would change
his mind on the issue.

Sincerely,

Luc.