Re: `xterm-mouse-mode' has a bogus Custom group

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: `xterm-mouse-mode' has a bogus Custom group
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:31:02 -0400

    The main reason for wanting to click on the mode line is to resize the
    window.  Should we not disable all the other fireworks in the mode
    line when we can not warn the user about them, that is, when not
    running under a window system?

That is a good idea.  For those features that don't work right,
it is better if they fail in a clear way.

The simplest way is to change xt-mouse to simply drop any events that
are expected not to work right.