Re: Stealth fontification GCs a lot

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Stealth fontification GCs a lot
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:21:30 -0400

    Perhaps we should have a primitive that checks for a laptop running on
    batteries, so that customizations and background ops could test for it
    and behave accordingly.

I suppose we could try running the `apm' program to determine this.
If the machine is not a laptop, it usually won't be installed.

Is there any better way?

    and now we also have power-control on servers, not to prolong battery time
    but to reduce heat.

That's a less pressing issue; stealth fontification at a suitable
low level, such as we get with Eli's settings, might well be desirable
anyway on such a server.