Re: `xterm-mouse-mode' has a bogus Custom group

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: `xterm-mouse-mode' has a bogus Custom group
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 21:04:31 -0500 (CDT)

Kim Storm wrote:

   Since loadup.el is run in --batch mode, I would assume that
   (display-graphic-p) is always false in that context.

Indeed, I should have tested my patches better.  And window-system is
always nil too.

One possibility is to only avoid preloading tooltip on MSDOS and not
worry about `--without-x'.  (How many people compile Emacs
`--without-x'?)  Then we could use `(eq system-type 'ms-dos)', which
presumably works in loadup, because I have seen it used there.  The
other possibility is to not bother preloading tooltip at all.  I would
guess that we are only talking about saving a very small fraction of a
second when starting up Emacs.

Unless somebody knows how to accurately test whether Emacs was
compiled --without-x in loadup.el.

Sincerely,

Luc.