Re: require inside functions.

From: Lute Kamstra
Subject: Re: require inside functions.
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:23:26 +0200

>     Did you perhaps mean to use load_in_progress instead of
> Vloads_in_progress?
>
> I meant to use Vloads_in_progress.  Would load_in_progress do the same
> job better?  If so, I don't mind changing it.

I browsed src/lread.c a bit and they seem equivalent in that you can
use both of them to check if a load is in progress, which is the goal
in Frequire.  It's just that with load_in_progress the check is
simpler.  Using load_in_progress is also clearer due to the
documentation/purpose of both variables:

/* non-zero if inside `load' */
int load_in_progress;

/* A list of file names for files being loaded in Fload.  Used to
   check for recursive loads.  */
static Lisp_Object Vloads_in_progress;

Lute.