Re: should xterm-mouse-mode be on by default?

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: should xterm-mouse-mode be on by default?
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 21:21:29 -0500 (CDT)

Richard Stallman wrote:

       Its a question of giving priority to Emacs features or Xterm
       features. Within Emacs, the mouse is used more often for Emacs
       so it seems more natural that Emacs gets priority there.

   It is a big incompatibility with usual xterm functionality,
   and it isn't very compatible with non-xterm Emacs functionality.
   That's too problematical to be on by default.

Shall I go ahead and undo the part of my changes that enabled it by
default?

Sincerely,

Luc.