Re: buffer-offer-save, gnus and mh-e

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: buffer-offer-save, gnus and mh-e
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 12:31:53 +0200

On Sun, Apr 17 2005, Luc Teirlinck wrote:

> The solution for that is to set buffer-offer-save to t in
> `compose-mail' and no longer set it in the individual mail modes.  I
> checked that this works for mail-mode and message-mode.  I could not
> check it for mh-folder-mode, but I guess that it must work, since it
> works through `compose-mail'.

As you already wrote in a later message, this probably won't work for
Gnus because `compose-mail' is not the only entry point to
`message-mode'.

> For message-mode and mh-folder-mode, I was wondering.  I know that
> the gnus directory is automatically synched, but I do not know
> whether the version of gnus included with CVS Emacs is also supposed
> to work with prior Emacs versions or with XEmacs.

The Gnus version in CVS Emacs corresponds to the stable branch (v5-10)
of Gnus which is supposed to work with Emacs 20.7 and up and XEmacs
21.1 and up.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,