Re: desktop.el not playing nice

From: Lars Hansen
Subject: Re: desktop.el not playing nice
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 20:54:29 +0200

Stephan Stahl wrote:
However as others have pointed out, (desktop-read) at a later time
should reenable desktop-save-mode which it does not right now.

I disagree. The command desktop-read is supposed to reload a saved desktop and nothing else, it should never change desktop-save-mode. We have the command desktop-save-mode to do that. I believe it would be confusing if desktop-read behaved differently when emacs is started with --no-desktop.