Re: Fontification of citations in mail-Mode

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: Re: Fontification of citations in mail-Mode
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:45:27 +0200

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 05:06:36PM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
>     mail/sendmail.el were changed, so that teh text of citations is no
>     longer fontified (only the leading mark, normally "> " is...).
>
>     Why was that change made?
>
> Because I found the cited text hard to read with that font.

In that case, wouldn't it be sufficient to change the default font
used for cited text?

The face used is font-lock-comment-face so it's used for important
Text all the time and should be well readable anyway...

cheers
sascha
--
"Anyone who slaps a 'this page is best viewed with Browser X' label on a Web
page appears to be yearning for the bad old days, before the Web, when you had