Bindings for global minor modes

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Bindings for global minor modes
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:54:24 +1200

A while ago, I put tooltip-mode on mode-line-mode-menu (mode-line mouse-3)
because I saw line-number-mode there. In actual fact, these are the only two
global minor modes on this binding. Perhaps it should be reserved for local
minor modes i.e ones that need to be set from each mode-line. Then
line-number-mode, tooltip-mode (and tool-bar-mode?) could be put on the options
item of the menu-bar alongside blink-cursor-mode (another global minor mode).

What do people think?

Nick