Re: Removing unloaded functions from auto-mode-alist.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Removing unloaded functions from auto-mode-alist.
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:37:18 -0400

> The whole separation has been maintained rather meticulously.  For

Actually, it seems to still use lowercase for the "main" major mode
functions (like latex-mode, ...), which I think is wrong.
If you followed my auctex-override approach (where all of auctex, except
for this auctex-override file, defines only mixed-case functions and
variables), then it would be possible to have both auctex and tex-mode
loaded and in use in the vary same Emacs, as is the case with perl-mode and
cperl-mode.

        Stefan