Re: Incompatible change without "warning"

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Incompatible change without "warning"
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 18:14:58 -0500 (CDT)

Nick Roberts wrote:

   I should also add that tooltip-gud-echo-area doesn't do exactly the
   same thing as tooltip-use-echo-area: it only uses the echo area for
   GUD tooltips.  Help messages are still displayed in their own
   tooltip frame. Previously using the echo area for GUD tooltips
   required help messages to be displayed there also.  Turning
   tooltip-mode off means that help messages displayed in the echo
   area and that GUD tooltips are no longer displayed. Maybe this
   change is not as good as I first thought because now it is not
   possible to have both GUD tooltips and help messages displayed in
   the echo area.

Why did you make that change?  It would seem that if people prefer to
have GUD tooltip texts displayed in the echo area, they most likely
also want help messages displayed there.

Sincerely,

Luc.