Re: safe-get

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: safe-get
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 10:09:39 +0200

> Is there a reason not to make ordinary `get' safe?

Not really, except
a) it will not catch errors in the symbol plist.
b) it is slightly slower

>                                                     That would be
> simpler for Lisp programmers than introducing safe-get.
> The code would be simpler, the manual would be simpler, even
> etc/NEWS would be simpler.

I will revert my changes, and just make get safe...

But then, why don't we make plist-get safe
and get rid of safe-plist-get, too ?

IIRC, safe-plist-get is new in 22.1, so I don't see any big
problems doing that...