Re: Fontification of citations in mail-Mode

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Fontification of citations in mail-Mode
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:31:07 -0400

    I'm guessing that you use a standard terminal that supports 8 colors.
    If so, look here:

    >     (((class color) (min-colors 8) (background light))
    >      (:foreground "red"))

With just 8 colors, I doubt there is a better alternative.
What are the standard 8 colors?

I dislike red for real comments, too; it is too hard to read.
On the other hand, I am not sure I would want to turn off
fontification entirely for comments, even on these terminals.
Turning it off for cited text in Mail and Rmail is a much
smaller change with less downside, since the citation markers
are still fontified.

Perhaps we should have one face for comment delimiters and
another for comment text.  Then the comment delimiter
face could be red on these terminals, while the comment text
font could be default on these terminals.