Re: Incompatible change without "warning"

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Incompatible change without "warning"
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 20:10:55 +1200

 > defvaralias is part of Emacs since version 21.1.

Well its not in Emacs 21.2. I don't have 21.1 but I doubt that it has it.
Looking at the ChangeLog it seems to have just missed the branch from which
21.2 and 21.3 were also released.

2001-10-20  Gerd Moellmann  <address@hidden>

        * (Version 21.1 released.)

2001-10-04  Gerd Moellmann  <address@hidden>
        (Fdefvaralias): New function.
2001-10-04  Gerd Moellmann  <address@hidden>

        * Branch for 21.1.

So at three and a half, defvaralias must be about the oldest feature still
in CVS!

 > It does have an entry in NEWS under "Lisp Changes in Emacs 22.1", tho.
 > I wonder why it was put there.  Maybe because it wasn't mentioned in
 > NEWS for 21.1?  We better mention explicitly that it isn't really new
 > for 22.1, in that case.

I think the NEWS entry is correct.

Nick