Re: Emacs for powerpc64

From: Ken Raeburn
Subject: Re: Emacs for powerpc64
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 00:28:01 -0400

On Apr 23, 2005, at 13:37, Jérôme Marant wrote:
Hmm, one question though: why isn't it necessary to redefine constants
like BITS_PER_LONG, BITS_PER_EMACS_INT, EMACS_INT and so on, as done in
the (for instance) AMD64 port file?

I don't think it's actually needed in the AMD64 port either. The way these get defined should work properly on any 64-bit system that defines _LP64.

Somewhere I've got a source tree (from before I got hosed with work and stopped being able to contribute) where one of my few pending patches was the deletion of some of these symbols from the AMD support, like I did for the Alpha in, oh, wow, was it back in 2002? But I didn't get to test out or check in the AMD changes... Maybe soon, now that I've got access to an AMD x86_64 system, and some amount of spare time, I can fix that, and contribute a little more as well.

Ken