Re: Emacs CVS on OSX Tiger (10.4)

From: GMail
Subject: Re: Emacs CVS on OSX Tiger (10.4)
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:25:31 +0200

On Apr 22, 2005, at 10:36 PM, John Owens wrote:

Andrew Beekhof <beekhof <at> gmail.com> writes:

Hi All,

It appears that 10.4 has changed enough compared to 10.3.x to break
Emacs.

I can confirm this is a problem and wanted to detail my similar workaround.

1) Comment out select_and_poll_event and sys_select function def'ns in mac.c. 2) Comment out the mktime -> emacs_mktime definition for Carbon in macgui.h.
3) In macterm.c and process.c, #undef select (after include files)
4) For good measure, in sysselect.h, comment out #define select sys_select

I'm certainly not sure what the proper way to handle the build problems, but
at least this gives me a usable emacs for the time being.

Yeah sorry about that, I neglected to mention 3 & 4.

The macgui.h fix seems obvious and probably safe, but I'm unsure about the sys_select since previous commit messages specifically indicate that it should be used.

I too am just happy I can use my favorite editor again (wasted a whole weekend trying to something that came close), but if someone indicates a preferred direction I'm also willing to create and submit a patch too.

JDO