Re: ansi-color.el and comint.el

From: Stephan Stahl
Subject: Re: ansi-color.el and comint.el
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 00:12:30 +0200 (CEST)

Luc Teirlinck said:

> Would autoloading comint-output-filter-functions not work?  But the
> same problem could happen to any hook whose defvar gives it a
> non-nil value.  So I guess that any defvar of such a type that is
> not in a preloaded file should be autoloaded,

Yes that would work too.  Using require might have been a nice example
for "check your dependencies".  Not very important.  So autoload seems
like the ideal solution since both files are part of emacs.

Kevin Rodgers said:

> Would it work if ansi-color-for-comint-mode-on added
> ansi-color-process-output to comint-output-filter-functions?  If so,
> should ansi-color-for-comint-mode-off remove it?

No, because this does not change the fact that comint.el may not be
loaded.

When ansi-color.el does that add-hook when comint.el is not already
loaded comint-output-filter-functions is set to
(ansi-color-process-output)

When comint.el is already loaded comint-output-filter-functions is set
to (ansi-color-process-output comint-postoutput-scroll-to-bottom
comint-watch-for-password-prompt)
--
Stephan Stahl