Re: flyspell bug

From: Stephen Eglen
Subject: Re: flyspell bug
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 10:13:13 +0100

Richard Stallman writes:
 >      > Aren't these contradictory settings?  If you have
 >      >
 >      >   ispell-really-aspell t
 >      >   ispell-program-name "aspell"
 >      >
 >      > your problem will go away, won't it?
 >
 >     Yes, I think so, in this case.  However, I didn't set those variables,
 >     so maybe ispell.el should be looked at.
 >
 > Could you debug why it sets the variables in an inconsistent manner?
 > It would be hard to debug this without being able to see it fail.

Having looked at ispell.el, I don't think they are inconsistent; I
think the logic of ispell.el is that if ispell-program-name is
"ispell", it just checks the output of ispell -v:

$ ispell -v
@(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell 0.50.5)

and that parenthetic comment triggers ispell-really-aspell to t.

I suggest we just fix flyspell to always use the -l flag in this case,
rather than "list".

Stephen