Re: Bug 130397

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Bug 130397
Date: 29 Apr 2005 04:45:40 -0400

Geoff Kuenning <address@hidden> writes:

> >From my point of view, both options are bad.  The first requires too
> much intelligence on the part of ispell.el.  The second is going to be
> hard to enforce.
>
> Opinions are welcomed.

IMHO, intelligence should properly reside in ispell.el since emacs has
all the infrastructure to (dis)ambiguate associations between codings
and other aspects, and since en/decoding occurs on i/o.

if something is hard to enforce that just means you need to have
intelligence in the heuristics that comprise the workarounds in the
error handling (or, omitting this, suffer a buggy ispell experience).
that doesn't seem like much fun to program.  better to make clients
sweat the specifications than the non-specifications.

thi