Re: lispref/frames.texi and xmenu.c

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: lispref/frames.texi and xmenu.c
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 16:04:39 -0500 (CDT)

Jan D. wrote:

   Quit.  But it does that by checking if the menu was invoked with the
   mouse.  If it was invoked by the mouse, we return nil, otherwise we
   quit.

I was not worrying about menus invoked with the mouse.  It is OK for
those to return nil.

   So if a menu is popped up programatically by x-popup-menu, it
   will also quit even if it is not popped up as a dialog.

In my tests (see the precise tests cases I sent to Eli), x-popup-menu
returned nil instead of quitting.  But since Richard's changes, it quits.

I do not believe that passing `t' for POSITION counts as "invoked with
the mouse", even though the menu pops up at the mouse position.  But
anyway, replacing `t' with (list '(0 0) (selected-window)) still used
to return nil (before Richards changes).

Sincerely,

Luc.