Re: Tex-mode binding of C-return

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Tex-mode binding of C-return
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 10:24:38 -0500 (CDT)

Kim Storm wrote:

   > Yes.  But S-TAB does not and S-TAB is unfortunately used for TAB in
   > the inverse direction in tons of spaces in Emacs, which is a nuisance.

   If I hit S-TAB (GNU/Linux + X), I get this message:

      <backtab> (translated from <S-iso-lefttab>) is undefined

It is only bound in certain modes.  For instance, Info-prev-reference
is a rather important command in Info, but it is, by default, not
bound to any key on a tty.  Strictly speaking, it is bound to
<backtab> or <S-tab>, but on a tty, that gets translated to <tab>, so
if you press S-tab, you go to the _next_ reference instead of the
previous one.  Same for widget-backward in Custom, but there at least
you can use `p' if you know about it.

Sincerely,

Luc.