Relation with package authors (CPerl-mode follow-ups)

From: Jérôme Marant
Subject: Relation with package authors (CPerl-mode follow-ups)
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 09:14:53 +0200

Hi,

I've been recently in touch with Ilya Zakharevich (CPerl-mode author)
about Cperl-mode bugs I found in current version from Emacs CVS
trunk (version 5).
He was kind to take a look at them and found out those bugs have
already been fixed in 5.0 (I do confirm) and decided to stop
investigating further. This means changes to the CVS version lead
to regressions. Now, I'm left alone with my bugs.

It appears that there is a big delta between his original version and
the CVS version.
Why patches to Cperl-mode have never been sent back to him? Isn't he
meant to be the author of the mode?

I noticed this happens very often (speedbar is another example) and
this is quite disappointing.

Regards,

--
Jérôme Marant