Re: bootstrap from scratch

From: Marcelo Toledo
Subject: Re: bootstrap from scratch
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 22:32:49 -0300

"Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden> writes:

> Today, I removed *all* my Emacs' CVS sources using `rm -rf emacs' and
> checked out fresh sources.  The `59 Temple Place' zipcode is now
> correct.  My earlier report was based on a damaged set of sources.
> Please ignore it.
>
> Since I had new sources, I could configure and bootstrap build with a
> completely fresh CVS Emacs.
>
> The good news is that the bootstrap mostly worked.
> The bad news is that the bootstrap failed once.

It also failed for me, I think it was here:

(...)
Attempt to autoload define-minor-mode while preparing to dump
make[1]: *** [emacs] Error 255
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/marcelo/projetos/emacs/src'
make: *** [src] Error 2

but like you I've removed all my sources and checkout is timing out
right now, so I give details tomorow.
--
Marcelo Toledo
address@hidden