Re: "Update Speedbar"

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: "Update Speedbar"
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 10:24:41 -0400

> One item in admin/FOR-RELEASE is "Update Speedbar".
> Does anyone know what updating is called for in Speedbar?

The version of Speedbar in the tree is very old.  The author of Speedbar has
made many more releases of it, distributed as part of the Semantic
package IIRC.  We should upgrade to the latest version.

I contacted the author (Eric Ludlam) about this situation a long time ago
and he explained that he needed paperwork signed by his boss for the
newer version.  Since then IIRC the paperwork has been done but he hasn't
had time to merge in the changes on his side with the changes we've applied
on our side.  I've then told him we should install his "in progress" merge
code on a branch in the CVS so other people can help out.  But I didn't get
any reply to my suggestion.  That was a few months ago.

If someone could probe him again into sending us something so that we can
try and help him finish the merge, that would be helpful.

        Stefan