Re: bootstrap from scratch

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: bootstrap from scratch
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 21:10:31 +0100

Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> On load, appt.el calls (appt-activate 1).
>
> That's a bug.

As the comment says, it's necessary for backwards compatibility, and I
wasn't particularly happy about having to do it.

convoluted way, I think; can't remember the details now). When I
changed it so it did not, I had an email from someone saying he had
missed a bunch of appointments.

So I had to make loading the package activate it, for "historical
reasons".